Self-grading reflection on the lab report

After I looked at my final draft. Under consideration, I will rate myself an 85 out of 100 for this lab report. Let’s talk about the areas where I think I did pretty good at. First, I included all sections of the lab report. And I think my discussion and conclusion are good because I  tied the discussion into the results very well by going into detail about the tensions with the reinforcement, and how some beams were able to support greater tensions with the reinforcement.  For my revision after my rough draft, after I saw the peer review sheet from Anthony and Professor Brown.  I reread my rough draft and found out that I did not include any figures, tables, or charts to provide visual data to the readers. And my tone in the lab report was all active voice and the language I used was very informal, which should occur in the lab report. Also, my abstract seems to be too complicated as an abstract. Most importantly, I found a mistake in my experiment. Based on the video that I take as the reference, the guy in the video did not make the third beam that has a tension rod beam.  So instead of four beams, actually there were only three beams. After I found out about these problems, I quickly fixed them by changing active voice to passive, using formal language, adding figures with a title labeled on top of each figure to indicate the meaning of the figure, rewriting my abstract into a shorter version, changing four beams to three beams. By the way, in the rough draft I was including the experiment of the cylinders to test the compression stress and tensile stress that concrete objects can take. But I decided to delete them since that is a bit off the topic, I can just use the first beam to explain concrete’s property. Also, during reading my draft, I found out actually the third beam is kinda extra in this experiment because the hypothesis does not say anything about active reinforcement, but I kept it in the end because overall the beam still has reinforcement and its performance is stronger than the concrete beam. Overall, compared to Anthony’s lab report. I found myself still needing to improve on the formal language used in the lab report.